News

12/16/2012

DGAP-Ad-hoc: Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG: Ströer AG intends to acquire four online advertising marketers - Move into new business field


Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG / Key word(s): Acquisition
16.12.2012 20:17

Dissemination of an Ad hoc announcement according to § 15 WpHG, transmitted by DGAP - a company of EquityStory AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.


Ad-hoc Announcement as per § 15 WpHG
Cologne, 16 December 2012

Ströer AG intends to acquire four online advertising marketers - Move into new business field

The Supervisory Board of Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG, Cologne (hereinafter: Ströer AG), has approved a purchase agreement for Ströer AG to acquire one online advertising marketer, as well as a preliminary agreement - not yet legally binding - concerning the acquisition of three further online advertising marketers. Both agreements are subject to a number of conditions precedent, including approval by the Federal Cartel Office. The two transactions are expected to be closed by the end of April 2013.
For Ströer AG, these transactions mark the entry into a new business field - online advertising marketing. Once the deals have been completed, Ströer AG is, alongside its established out-of-home advertising business, also set to become a strong player in the German online advertising market. Corresponding amendments to supplement the company's business purpose in its Articles of Association are planned. To this end, an extraordinary general meeting is to be held before the end of February 2013.
The Supervisory Board firstly approved the conclusion of a purchase agreement governing the acquisition of all of the shares in adscale GmbH (Munich), a trading platform for digital advertising space in Germany. Of these, 91% will be acquired directly, with purchase options for the remaining shares. The Supervisory Board approved the deal on the condition that legally binding agreements are also reached with Media Ventures GmbH for the transactions set out below before the end of this year.
The other planned transactions involve three share holdings in online advertisers held by Media Ventures GmbH (Cologne). A corresponding preliminary agreement has been reached between Ströer AG and Media Ventures GmbH. This should lead to a legally binding purchase agreement by the end of this year. The agreement relates to Ströer Interactive GmbH, Hamburg (100 percent), FreeXMedia GmbH, Hamburg (100 percent) and Business Advertising GmbH, Düsseldorf (50.4 percent). All three companies are independent online media marketers with high coverage and specific audience targeting.

The three online marketers held by Media Ventures GmbH are to be contributed to Ströer AG by way of a capital increase in return for contributions in kind. To this end, an expected total of max. 6.8m new shares are to be issued to Media Ventures GmbH from authorised capital at Ströer AG. Media Ventures GmbH is majority owned (51%) by Dirk Ströer, who also sits on the Supervisory Board of Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG. The remaining 49% stake in Media Ventures GmbH is held by Udo Müller, Chairman of the Management Board (CEO) at Ströer AG.




Contact:
Press contact: 
Ms Claudia Fasse
Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG
Corporate Communication
Ströer Allee 1 | D-50999 Cologne
Telephone: +49 (0)2236 - 96 45-246
Fax: +49 (0)2236 - 96 45-6246
E-Mail: cfasse@stroeer.de

IR Contact: 
Stefan Hütwohl
Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG
Director Group Finance and Investor Relations 
Ströer Allee 1 | D-50999 Cologne, Germany 
Phone: +49 (0)2236 / 96 45-338  
Fax: +49 (0)2236 / 96 45-6338  
E-Mail: ir@stroeer.de


16.12.2012 DGAP's Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Media archive at www.dgap-medientreff.de and www.dgap.de

 
Language:     English
Company:      Ströer Out-of-Home Media AG
              Ströer Allee 1
              50999 Köln
              Germany
Phone:        +49 (0)2236.96 45 0
Fax:          +49 (0)2236.96 45 299
E-mail:       info@stroeer.com
Internet:     www.stroeer.de
ISIN:         DE0007493991
WKN:          749399
Indices:      SDAX
Listed: Regulierter Markt in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Freiverkehr in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, München, Stuttgart  
End of Announcement DGAP News-Service  



PDF Download

back